- For under 6 year olds, we do this either as part of an Early Childhood Multidisciplinary Clinic. This involves an initial appointment with a Developmental Paediatrician and a Speech Pathologist or Psychologist, which will determine the direction of further assessment and therapy from our team of experts. This can include formal developmental or cognitive assessment tools, autism specific assessments, medical investigations, or assessments in speech pathology, occupational therapy, dietetics, and psychology.
- For children/adolescents age 6 or above, the Developmental Paediatrics School Age Multidisciplinary Assessment Day has been designed as a comprehensive, collaborative team assessment enabling busy families to have their child or adolescent seen by an expert team in one centre.
It is a new and innovative model of complete care designed for 6-17 year old children with developmental, learning, attention, or behavioural concerns, and involves:
- Development Paediatrician assessment
- Clinical Psychologist assessment
- Nutritional assessment by an Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Hearing test
- Cognitive assessment (IQ test)
- Educational assessment of your child’s strengths and weaknesses in various academic areas such as numeracy and literacy
- Analysis of your child’s teacher’s reports and standardised assessment questionnaires
- Collaborative case conference amongst experts who have assessed your child
- Individual multi-disciplinary plan detailing a clear path of therapies, learning support, or further testing
- Feedback, discussion, and counselling
We believe this model brings the strengths of a range of professionals into a specialist team for your child. Rather than having working with different practitioners in diverse locations who work in isolation, we believe that your child and family benefits from your team working together carrying you forward.
Professionals available at Developmental Paediatrics
Dr Alicia Montgomery