PARENTING CHILDREN WITH ADHD 6-WEEK ONLINE (with Group Zoom calls)
6-week ONLINE course developed specifically for parents/carers managing children with ADHD
Term 1 starts: MONDAY 8th FEBRUARY 2021
This course, which is offered once each Term (4 x per year), differs from the Start Anytime course offered in that it includes 6 weekly group Zoom calls where you can discuss the week’s modules and ask questions with myself and the other parents taking the course. Also included is an exclusive Facebook group where participants can further communicate and share ideas/ask questions. Otherwise the content is the same as the Start Anytime course.
The course has been developed specifically for those managing children with ADHD.
The goal is to inform and empower you to work with your child to cope with the many difficulties of ADHD by passing on practical, workable strategies that will make a difference in the lives of all family members.
The course environment promotes engagement through non-judgment, empathy and acceptance.
You’ll find greater empathy & understanding for your child’s perspective and with effective strategies on board you’ll increase confidence in your parenting skills.
This course has been running face-to-face in Sydney for around 4 years, and now I have been able to move it online so that everyone can have access to these important resources!
- To understand your ADHD child’s world
- Why & how it affects your family
- Reasons for challenging behaviours
- Learn practical behaviour management strategies
- How to become a good child manager
- How to create better routines & relationships
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions model
- How to use rewards & consequences appropriately
- How to manage difficult behaviour
- Tools to help decrease stress & anxiety in your home
- More about treatment options & medication
- How to optimise sleep
- How to work with your child’s school
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- Effective self-care practices
- Improved family problem-solving
- Videos, audio snippets, PDF handouts and worksheets in easy-to-access bite sized modules
- Weekly handouts and lifetime access to course information
- Access to a private Facebook forum exclusive to the group
- A parenting ADHD Action Plan e-work book
- Less stress & more parenting confidence
- Weekly online group Zoom calls
- Connecting with other ADHD parents
The course is presented by Vivian Dunstan – Founder of the ADHD Support Australia, qualified teacher and course facilitator, certified PEERS Social Skills for Teens & Young Adults coach, mentor and, most importantly, an experienced ADHD parent and ADHD adult.
Parenting Children with ADHD Course is based on a course developed by the Institute of Family Practice but contains so much more from Vivian’s own personal experience and research with ADHD.
For more details contact Vivian on firstname.lastname@example.org