ADHD Online Events
Each month ADHD Support Australia brings you an expert in an ADHD-related field to empower you with the information you need on your ADHD journey.
Since April 2020 our speaker evenings and events have all been online.
Book in below and you’ll be sent a link and instructions on how to join the talk via Zoom call.
All online speaker evenings are $15 (+ booking fee + GST), unless otherwise advertised.
If you can’t make it to the live event or have only just found us and missed past events you can find recordings on our Patreon members’ site.
A recording of the talk will ONLY be available to Patreon members after the live talk. If you don’t think you’ll be able to attend the live talk, please join Patreon and watch the recording there. You can cancel this at any time.
Parenting Your Child with ADHD 6-week Online Course (Start Anytime)
January 1, 2023 @ 10:00 am-January 1, 2025 @ 5:00 pm
PARENTING CHILDREN WITH ADHD 6-WEEK ONLINE (START ANYTIME)
6-week ONLINE course developed specifically for parents/carers managing children with ADHD
The course has been developed specifically for those managing children with ADHD.
The goal is to inform and empower you to work with your child to cope with the many challenges of ADHD by passing on practical, workable strategies that will make a difference in the lives of all family members.
The course environment promotes engagement through non-judgment, empathy and acceptance.
You’ll find greater empathy & understanding for your child’s perspective and with effective strategies on board you’ll increase confidence in your parenting skills.
This course ran face-to-face in Sydney for from 2015-2020 and is now available online so everyone can have access to these important resources!
- To understand your ADHD child’s world
- Why & how it affects your family
- Reasons for challenging behaviours
- Learn practical parenting strategies
- How to better relate to your child
- How to create better routines & relationships
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions
- How & when to use rewards & consequences appropriately
- How to understand and avoid challenging behaviour
- Tools to help decrease stress & anxiety in your home
- About treatment options & medication
- How to optimise sleep
- How to work with your child’s school
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- Effective self-care practices
- Improved family problem-solving
- Videos, audio snippets, PDF handouts and worksheets in easy-to-access bite sized modules
- Weekly handouts and lifetime access to course information
- A parenting ADHD Action Plan e-work book
- Less stress & more parenting confidence
The course is presented by Vivian Dunstan – Founder of the ADHD Support Australia, qualified teacher and course facilitator, ADDCA trained ADHD Coach, PEERS Social Skills Coach, former RAISE mentor and, most importantly, an experienced ADHD parent and ADHD adult.
Parenting Children with ADHD Course is based on a course developed by the Institute of Family Practice but contains so much more from Vivian’s own personal experience and research with ADHD.
For more details contact Vivian on firstname.lastname@example.org