PARENTING CHILDREN WITH ADHD 6-WEEK ONLINE (INTERACTIVE – Includes 6 weekly group Zoom calls – TERM 2)
6-week ONLINE course developed specifically for parents/carers managing children with ADHD
STARTS 17 MAY 2024
The course has been developed specifically for those managing children with ADHD.
The goal is to inform and empower you to work with your child to cope with the many difficulties of ADHD by passing on practical, workable strategies that will make a difference in the lives of all family members.
The course environment promotes engagement through non-judgment, empathy and acceptance.
You’ll find greater empathy & understanding for your child’s perspective and with effective strategies on board you’ll increase confidence in your parenting skills.
This course has been running face-to-face in Sydney since 2015, and is now available online so everyone can have access to these important resources!
- To understand your ADHD child’s world
- Why & how it affects your family
- Reasons for challenging behaviours
- Learn practical parenting strategies
- How to better relate to your child
- How to create better routines & relationships
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions
- How & when to use rewards & consequences appropriately
- How to understand and avoid difficult behaviour
- Tools to help decrease stress & anxiety in your home
- About treatment options & medication
- How to optimise sleep
- How to work with your child’s school
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- Effective self-care practices
- Improved family problem-solving
- 6 x 1 hour Weekly Group Zoom calls to ask questions & discuss the week’s module with other parents in the course
- Supportive Facebook group exclusive to this term’s course
- Videos, audio snippets, PDF handouts and worksheets in easy-to-access bite sized modules
- Weekly handouts and lifetime access to course information
- A parenting ADHD Action Plan e-work book
- Less stress & more parenting confidence
The course is presented by Vivian Dunstan – Founder of the ADHD Support Australia, qualified teacher and course facilitator, Certified PEERS Teens & Young Adults Social Skills Coach, Student ADDCA ADHD Coach, former RAISE mentor and, most importantly, an experienced ADHD parent and adult with ADHD.
Parenting Children with ADHD Course is based on a course developed by the Institute of Family Practice but contains so much more from Vivian’s own personal experience and research with ADHD.
For more details contact Vivian on email@example.com