Barbara Schmidt Bachelor of Social Work 1994
Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Thirty years experience in the social field offering counselling and supervision.
Consultant for trainings on somatic therapy and practical neuroscience.
Memberships and professional affiliations:
- AASW (Social Worker Association)
- Accredited Mental Heath Social Worker
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- EMDR practitioner
- Outreach Counsellor for VVCS
- Workers Cover and Victims of Crime
- Presenter at Great Southern Domestic Violence conference in Albany on “Somatic Therapy for victims of Domestic Violence” (2013)
- Conference in Ballina, NSW:
Presenter in the main forum: “The social brain and a new attitude towards emotion” (2007)
- Nominated for Kids in Community award
Awards in the category of Individual Supporting Youth or Youth Programs (2008)