ADHD Events in Sydney
Each month ADHD Support Australia brings you an expert in an ADHD-related field to empower you with the information you need on your ADHD journey.
All speaker evenings at our major sponsor Pittwater RSL are $15 plus booking fee, unless otherwise advertised.
As of May 2019, ADHD Support Australia are now endorsed to provide NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher level.
Attending talks will contribute 1 hour 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered Professional Development addressing 6.2.2 from Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Massive thanks to Pittwater RSL for the complimentary use of their Auditorium which helps keep ticket costs affordable.
Parenting Your ADHD Child 6-week Course – ONLINE
October 12 @ 10:00 am-November 16 @ 5:00 pm
PARENTING CHILDREN WITH ADHD 6-WEEK ONLINE
6-week ONLINE course developed specifically for parents/carers managing children with ADHD
Term 4 starts: MONDAY 12th OCTOBER 2020
The course has been developed specifically for those managing children with ADHD.
The goal is to inform and empower you to work with your child to cope with the many difficulties of ADHD by passing on practical, workable strategies that will make a difference in the lives of all family members.
The course environment promotes engagement through non-judgment, empathy and acceptance.
You’ll find greater empathy & understanding for your child’s perspective and with effective strategies on board you’ll increase confidence in your parenting skills.
This course has been running face-to-face in Sydney for around 4 years, and now I have been able to move it online so that everyone can have access to these important resources!
- To understand your ADHD child’s world
- Why & how it affects your family
- Reasons for challenging behaviours
- Learn practical behaviour management strategies
- How to become a good child manager
- How to create better routines & relationships
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions model
- How to use rewards & consequences appropriately
- How to manage difficult behaviour
- Tools to help decrease stress & anxiety in your home
- More about treatment options & medication
- How to optimise sleep
- How to work with your child’s school
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- Effective self-care practices
- Improved family problem-solving
- Videos, audio snippets, PDF handouts and worksheets in easy-to-access bite sized modules
- Weekly handouts and lifetime access to course information
- Access to a private Facebook forum exclusive to the group
- A parenting ADHD Action Plan e-work book
- Less stress & more parenting confidence
- Weekly online group Zoom calls
- Connecting with other ADHD parents
The course is presented by Vivian Dunstan – Founder of the ADHD Support Australia, qualified teacher and course facilitator, mentor and, most importantly, an experienced ADHD parent.
Parenting Children with ADHD Course is based on a course developed by the Institute of Family Practice but contains so much more from Vivian’s own personal experience and research with ADHD.
For more details contact Vivian on email@example.com